Monday 4 April 2011

Father and daughter

"i don't want anything to do with you anymore. i just wish it could be different..."

Dear Dad,
I want you to know how hard overcoming my childhood has been. And you denying any involvement in my molestation as a child has caused me even worse pain then before. I needed you dad! I needed you to admit it to me, to talk it over with me, then I could truly forgive you! But instead you completely deny everything and in doing so have stunted any possible progress I could've made. I want you to know that I will no longer be contacting you in the future. I don't want to see you or hear from you. It's only a trigger for me which brings back really painful memories. I refuse to be held back by you anymore. I don't plan on forgetting you, because I know that wouldn't make me heal. I plan on moving past you, and searching for a way to forgive you. I hope that you can forgive yourself dad. But in order to do so you must first admit what you did.
Please don't write me back.
Your daughter,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. holy crap... I was looking for something to draw my dad for his birthday, We are not really that close. and I read this letter.... I feel like its the letter I wrote to my dad in my mind.. Weird. I am going thru the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete